Thursday, August 28, 2008

End of the Week

I've been too busy to post recently. It's all go at the workshops and I've not even made anything very much recently, which is maddening (especially as there is a cracked cast-iron ring on my bench, waiting to be made into something).

Still, it's the end of the week and I've decided to take my favourite mountain bike - the titanium custom-built "Rock Lobster" - off to the hills, regardless of the weather. The poor thing has been neglected and hasn't been ridden off-road since early spring, which is disgraceful. I was a bit worried when I went to service it as the hydraulic brakes appeared to have seized up, but a bit of work and a change of brake-pads and it was all back to normal. I'm going to take a GPS unit with me too, so if the weather is OK, it will be geotagged photographs when I get back!