Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dauvit For Obama!

What a funny thing happened today.
I got a mail from a friend in the US, saying that he had found this pro-Democrat button badge:





This same button badge was on sale on the Democrat website. Using an excerpt of my image:


Steampunk Goggles, 16/01/08, 4


In a way, I was really proud that I had done my bit, but in another way, I was pretty pissed off that they were using my image without crediting it in any way, especially as it was released under a Creative Commons license and was available to use freely with the proviso of accreditation.

I contacted the site and pointed out what they had done, granting them permission to use the image provided they linked back to the original image on Flickr; sadly, they chose to pull the product completely.