Sunday, March 29, 2009

hours to spend

It's that annoying time of year again when the clocks change and I can't sleep properly for weeks. Bah!
Still, the weather was lovely today and I went out for a ride on my bike very early (by either clock system!) along the Forth and Clyde canal to Kirkintilloch. Although it was a really pleasant and easy ride, I was out for a couple of hours.
This made me laugh, in a despairing sort of way:


What?!


Can you imagine who goes to this?

Afterwards went out with Jim and Lisa for lunch to meet their new baby, Leila (sp?!). She's great: so good-natured and curious about everything going on around her. Also, she's old enough to have a fully-operational neck, so there is none of that disturbing flopping about which puts me off very young babies!




Been working on various projects in the workshop as well. I just finished The Alembic of Hermes Trismegistus: Inrō, which is made from carbon-dioxide cylinders found in Brighton - one corroded, one polished - gemstones, carved Greek coins and silver:


The Alembic of Hermes Trismegistus: Inrō 42


I'm not entirely happy with it but I can't quite put a finger on what it is that isn't right.




Easter break soon!