Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Strange Story...



The Strange Story...
Originally uploaded by the justified sinner

Just before the holiday, I was looking for my copy of "Boutell's Heraldry" in order to do a bit of research for a project I have in mind. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it and, more annoyingly, I couldn't remember the name of the book in order to re-order it.

One evening, Dingo mentioned that he had never seen "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", so we decided to watch that (Lazenby should have had a longer run as Bond: way better than any of the others, bar Connery.)

In this film, James Bond is required to pose as an expert on heraldry and in order to infiltrate a woman's room, he arranges to meet her on the pretence of showing her an important book. He picks up the book, of which I immediately recognised the cover. A couple of freeze-frames later and we had enough details for me to order another copy from a second-hand bookshop!

No doubt the original copy will now turn up.