Thursday, August 22, 2013

British Racing Green...

Well, having cleared the workshops, catalogued my stones and re-organised the casting room, I found in my inbox a reminder for "Suspended in Green", the final show in the highly successful and influential "Suspended" series. I'd been torn about entering or not as there were a few items in the requirements about which I was not too happy. However, when I thought about it again - the deadline now extended to September 1st - I decided that a Victorian green glass bottle-stopper would come into service.

Suspended In Green - WIP - 1

A boring meeting at work and I was ready to go!

Suspended In Green - WIP - 3

There is nothing quite like a dull meeting for getting ideas flowing. Of course, having catalogued all my stones, I also realised that I don't have quite the stones I wanted for it, so they should arrive tomorrow. Who knows if it will be finished and photographed in time?
I've also been working on a piece for a friend's wedding, which I am not allowed to post at the moment as her husband-to-be isn't to see it! It covers something old, something new and something blue.

Other than that, I've been listening to a lot of music. I just bought the latest "Sparks" release, "The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman" which is very odd indeed, being something of an operetta. I also had a lovely experience with a CD set I bought online. When I was in my teens, I was very taken with the surrealist songwriting of Neil Innes and especially his "Innes Book of Records" television show. Having read an article about his new box-set of music from this series, I decided to order it and was delighted to receive a hand-written note of thanks from the great man himself:

Hero Worship!

I'll sign off with the oddly disturbing "Libido":