Friday, September 11, 2015

End of First Week

Well, it's Friday and I'm home in Bearwood, Birmingham, my new home. I suppose I should feel a bit unsettled, maybe even a bit down, but I don't. From the moment I turned up at the School of Jewellery on Monday to wishing my new colleagues goodnight at 5pm and cycling home, it has been a fantastic week of developing courses, staff development, meeting my colleagues and bringing all my teaching materials in line with Birmingham City University, ready for the onslaught of students a week on Monday week.

Unfortunately, I've not had much to report on this front, given that I've been so busy that I've not had a chance to take any photographs, annoying given that I keep spotting things I want to photograph on my rides to and from work.

Metaform - Entrance Display

This week saw the opening of the graduate show for the MA Jewellery, Silversmithing and Related Products, "Metaform", an exciting and diverse show which shows a more exploratory approach to jewellery than would perhaps be seen on other courses and featuring vessels made from rice grains, wearable books, lace made of compressed paper pulp and pieces which are designed to revolt!

I present a selection here with all of the photographs being on my flickr stream. For more information, see the Metaform website.

For maker details, roll over the image.

Metaform - Yunqian Li - 2

Metaform - Youdi Luo - 2

Metaform - Anqi Di - 1

Metaform - Hangchen Duan - 2

Metaform - Chenjiajing Shao - 1

Metaform - Chang Han - 1

Metaform - Francesca Antonello - 2

Metaform - Hao Zhong - 2

Metaform - Tianshu Chou - 1

Metaform - Zhaoran He - 2

Metaform - Yingzhou Sun - 1

Metaform - Jieyuan Kuang - 1

Metaform - Shichu Xia - 2

Metaform - Tianyin Xu - 1

Metaform - Lana Crabb - 1

Metaform - Jing Li - 2

Metaform - Yuan Ruan - 2

Metaform - Yu Zhang - 2

Metaform - Francisca Onumah - 2

Metaform - Jingheng Li - 2

Metaform - Zheheng Ye - 1

Metaform - Zheng Yu - 2

Metaform - Yu-Ting Lin - 1

Metaform - Yu-Chu Huang - 2

Metaform - Boya Yu - 2

Metaform - jing Zhang - 2

Metaform - Fanmiao Tang - 1

Metaform - Junyang Xu - 2

Metaform - Chih-Ning Li - 2

Metaform - Robert Goldsworthy - 2

Metaform - Xiaofeng Guo - 1

Metaform - Sheng Jiang - 2



Off to Burton-On-Trent tomorrow for the ACJ "Sleight Of Hand" show.