Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hallowe'en!

Time for spooky things, so I finished my second Spoon Skull Pendant with Antlers today:

Second Spoon Skull Pendant With Antlers - 2


The chain is made from silver and chunks of the EPNS cutlery which I've butchered to make other spoon skull things. I really like the fake hallmarks on these and two of them feature on the sides of the chain. The pendant is removable, so the chain can be worn alone.

Second Spoon Skull Pendant With Antlers - 8


And the "T-bar" catch is made from the ends of some very ornate, engraved cutlery:

Second Spoon Skull Pendant With Antlers - 7


The stone is a tourmaline. It surprises me that anyone bothered to have plated white brass cutlery engraved with their initial!



I have long been a fan of the work of Randy Reiger and his somehow melancholic meditations on "the great American dream" and childhood. His NuPenny Toy Stores wonderfully combine humour, nostalgia, strangeness and sterility in one compelling event. It was good to read this analytical article about him on Matthew Brent Jackson's blog. Anyone who is unfamiliar with Randy's work should start here.



Not much more to write... an early night as I fly to Chicago tomorrow!