Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Illness and Recovery

I can think on nothing I hate more than having 'flu. In that, I am thankful that it is "only" 'flu and that I am fundamentally fit and perhaps because I am so rarely ill, I am not a very good patient!

I've just had a hiatus of nearly 2 weeks due to the 'flu, four days of which were spent in bed, two of them unable to move my neck at all.

Nothing has really progressed since my last report. I've sent off the daffodils to Cursley & Bond for their fundraiser for Cancer Research UK and that is about it. The "Verdura Cuff" commission has got to the stage of choosing stones:

Fencing With Fulco Verdura - WIP - 5

Fencing With Fulco Verdura - WIP - 8

Fencing With Fulco Verdura - WIP - 9

Fencing With Fulco Verdura - WIP - 10

One of the things I love about the internet is that it makes long-distance commissions like this not only possible but realistic. It is fantastic to be able to discuss the choice and placement of stones with a customer and, for me, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of sizing issues and the problems of transporting the finished works.

I've also managed to complete the construction of the pomegranate and the stones for setting it have arrived:

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ - WIP  - 112

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ - WIP  - 114

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ - WIP  -115

And that is all I have to report for now.
More soon!